Each year or as determined by the committee, Kannadaga Sangha of Sacramento (KSS) selection committee shall seek nominations from the KSS Board and community members to nominate “ವರ್ಷದ ವ್ಯಕ್ತಿ” means “Person of the Year“.
- A Kannadiga and able to speak Kannada.
- Current or previous resident of the Greater Sacramento area during the time of the community service which is under consideration.
The “ವರ್ಷದ ವ್ಯಕ್ತಿ” shall have distinguished himself or herself in at least one of the following ways:
- Recognizable service performed for the benefit or promotion of Karnataka, the Kannada language, or local Indian, Kannada or larger communities.
- Recognizable contribution to the Kannada language through writing (journalism, fiction, poetry, drama, essays, etc.) or artistic efforts such as film, music, drama, visual art, etc.
- Recognizable contribution to the KSS Board but not a current KSS Board Member.
- The Selection Committee shall collect biographical information and other relevant details from various sources and through talking to the person(s) nominated.
- The Selection Committee shall meet and discuss the merits of nominated individuals.
- The Selection Committee shall seek additional information as necessary.
- The Selection Committee shall meet and make a final decision to select a person for the recognition or to not select a person for that year. Selection Committee’s unanimous or majority decision shall be final and binding.
- Selection Committee lead shall communicate their decision to the KSS Board President via email.
- The KSS President shall inform the person selected by calling and following up by email.
- The awardee’s name shall be included in the award ceremony during the annual program.
- At the award ceremony, the person shall receive “Sanmana Patra” as a framed certificate with KSS logo, a shawl from the Chief Guest or KSS President, and an honorarium as decided by the KSS Board, and shall be given an opportunity to address the audience.
|Dr. Uma Maheshwar Gowda, Dr.Vasudev Desai
|Uma Shankar Dixit , Narayana Gowda
|Dr. Shivaram Bhat
|Dr. Shankar Prasad