Kannada Sangha of Sacramento (KSS) is an association of Kannadigas (Kannada speaking people from Karnataka State in India), who live, or work in the Greater Sacramento region of California.We are a 501(c)(3) organization.
“Hani Hani Goodidare Halla” – Every drop of water contributes to the formation of a pond/ puddle. Likewise every small contribution of effort can accomplish greater things. Inspired by the phrase, back in the 2000’s few like-minded kannadigas of the Greater Sacramento area came together and formed a cultural group to nurture the culture and the heritage of Karnataka among their friends and family.
The first formal Kannada sangha program was conducted in November 2003 to celebrate the Kannada Rajyotsava program, organised by the pioneers of the Kannada sangha held in Shri Siddhivinayak Temple, Sacramento. A formal committee was formed in 2004, Ms. Laxmi Rao was our 1st elected President. The organization was registered as Kannada Sangha of Sacramento (KSS) on July-12-2004.
KSS never looked back ever since and has been successfully organizing events with the help of a great team of volunteers. The association grew stronger each year under the leadership of many selfless volunteers, who are committed to promote and educate the Kannada culture, language, literature amongst the younger generation.
The objective of the association is to:
- To nurture, promote and propagate the language, culture, heritage, music, dance, drama, movies, literature, and compositions of Karnataka.
- To maintain and promote the customs, traditions, and culture of India amongst the children & younger generation.
- To organize social, cultural, and festival events for members and their friends and families to come together as a community
- To help visitors, students and new immigrants from Karnataka and India assimilate into US culture.
- To serve the community and foster a service oriented culture amongst members and their families through our charity efforts
- Laxmi Rao
- Prabhakar Rao
- Vijay Parvatikar
- Pushpa Venkateshan
- Prasanna Kumar Bhat
- Executive Team
- Mrudula KulkarniPresident
- Prasanna Kumar RVice President
- Vijay IraniTreasurer
- Krishna MurthyJoint Treasurer
- Gurudutt H V
- Sowmya Kiran
- Pandu Itagi
- Umesh Patil
- Pavitra Ravanikar
- Venu Acharya
- Basavana gouda Patil
- Vijay Bendigeri
- Sreedhar G