Kannada Sangha of Sacramento (KSS) selects one charity to support every year from Karantaka, India. The donations from all KSS patrons towards the charity is collected throughout the year and then sent to the selected charity.
KSS requests its community to provide the names of the charities for selection and then selects one of the charities. These donations are tax deductible and KSS will provide the receipts for the same. For more information on charity please contact KSS Charity Team
KSS Charity for 2019 – Jnanasindhu Residential School for the Visually Challenged
It is India’s first Yoga based school for blind children. It is located in Holealur village of Ron taluk of Gadag District(Karnataka state, India) and it was started in July 2010. Initially started with 4 students and now the number has reached to 32.
The institute basically serves the blind kids, but orphans, physically disabled, homeless children are also accommodated in this school. Residential school aims at rehabilitating them by establishing their self-esteem through moral , cultural , Occupational and regular school education so that they come out as healthy and responsible citizens of this society , to lead an independent life in future without becoming a burden on their family and to live as role model for similar such less privileged people in their surroundings.
- In 2010, the blind yoga masters of the organization were awarded ‘Yogasiri’.
- Participated in a number of state and national Yoga fest and awarded.
- In 2011, a national award was given by Shri Sirdisaibaba Trust to the organization.
- The blind students of our school participated for three consecutive years in Mysore Dasarha Festival, for two consecutive years in Chalukya Festival, Ranna Festival and ‘Gadag District Kannada Sahithya Sammelana’ for two consecutive years.
- In 2012, students participated in the World Health Yoga demonstration fair.
- Participated in a variety of national and religious festivals and feasts at The State level program.
- In 2013 students performed Natya Yoga at “Horanadu Kannidiga Conference” held in Mumbai and also participated in Lions club Mumbai.
- School awarded ’Kalabhushan’ award at Bagalkot Habba.
- In 2013, organization had awarded by ’Avva trust’ for our service.
Please visit http://www.jnanasindhuschool.org/index.html for more information.
You can donate in following ways
** You can donate using PayPal account to “email@example.com”
** You can send a check payable to: “Kannada Sangha of Sacramento” writing “Charity 2019” in the memo. Please mail checks to the following address to:
Kannada Sangha of Sacramento 728 Bluestone cir Folsom CA 95630
“I have more than 200 Yoga Institute around the world and I have done lot of research in yoga. But I have not taught yoga to any blind Student. Mr.Shivanand N.Kelur of Jnanasindhu has done a wonderful work by teaching Yoga to Blind Children.”
-Yoga Guru B. K. S. Iyengar
KSS plans to have many fun and cultural events to support fundraising for this noble initiative. We welcome your ideas and generous support. Please contact KSS Charity Team for further information.