Bhakti Lahari 2018
March 4 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Kannada Sangha of Sacramento is organizing Bhakthi Lahari (a tribute to all Daasa & Sharana Saahithya composers of Karnataka) on Sunday, March 04, 2018 at Lakshmi Narayan Mandir, Sacramento.
We cordially invite you to:
1. Render compositions (Carnatic, Hindustani, Folk, Bhajans, etc) in praise of different gods and/or by Karnataka composers
2. Perform a dance (Classical, folk, etc) in praise of different gods or for a composition in Kannada,
3. Enact a dance drama and/or enact a skit in praise of different gods or any Daasaru/Sharanaru from Karnataka.
A special Note:
** To make the event colorful, festive and memorable, we encourage kids and adults to come to the event dressed in the costumes of Purandara Daasa, Kanaka Daasa, Basavanna, Akkamahadevi, etc.
** KSS welcomes volunteers for the event to help in various departments like stage setup, food preparation etc.
Here are a few guidelines:
1.Time limits for participating entries: 4 minutes for solo and 7-8 minutes for a group of 2 or more
2. All performances must be in KANNADA/ SANSKRIT only.
3. KSS reserves the right to request audition of the performances to select the acts for the event.
4. One person may not perform in more than one solo performance and one group performance.
5. KSS team will make every effort to accommodate all. In case of overwhelming response, KSS may adopt program selection based on First Come First Serve basis.
6. Music or background score, if any, must be sent via email upon further notification. You are also requested to carry the music on a CD or a USB drive to the venue on the day of performance.
7. For special requirements, if any, we need a person from your team to assist to do the same.
KSS is looking forward to your participation. So, rush in your entries on or before Feb 18th, 2018. Last date for submitting background music is Feb 25th, 2018.
** Suggested minimum donation is $5/person. All the proceedings to go towards Mandir fund.
** We welcome sponsors (Family Sponsorship $51) for the prasadam that will be served at the event.
** We will start the event at 11 AM sharp.